The iBlog organizers are proud to launch the iBlog video contest and encourages all bloggers to join. This contest is organized as a means to celebrate how blogs and the bloggers behind it are:
- Changing lives - their own and/or of those around them;
- The way blogs allow them to communicate their ideas and thoughts;
- The way establishments, whether profit or non-profit, use blogs and bloggers to reach out;
- and many more..
Here are the mechanics:
- Contest is open to all Filipinos, 18 years and old above.
- The video should be not be less than 30 seconds short or more than 10 minutes long. It should capture what blogging means to you, or highlight how blogging has changed your life, helped you earn, promote a project or cause, or some other similar theme.
- Mandatory components:
- a video or image snippet of iBlog website or photo or video snippet of a past iBlog event in the video.
- at the end of the video, state that:
This video is an entry to the iBlog video contest (http://www.iblogph.org)
- Deadline for submission of entries is 5:00 p.m. of March 7, 2010 April 9, 2010. All entries will be sent via CD or DVD (in a format that allows it to be uploaded via YouTube and Facebook) along with the entry form and mailed or delivered to:
Institute of Government and Law Reform
c/o Atty. Michelle San Buenaventura-Dy
U.P. Law Center
Rm. 106, 1st Floor Bocobo Hall, Diliman, Quezon City
After the deadline for submission of entries, a list of all eligible entries received will be posted and acknowledged in one blog post.
All participants joining shall also attest to the following:
- Images, royalty-free music, and video footages used in the entry were taken by the contest participant or permission was granted for use by its owners. Proof of all licenses must be submitted when required. Proper credit must be given at the end of the video.
- The contest entry has never been used for any other competition.
- The contest entry was not posted online, for public viewing, prior to and during the contest proper.
- You are giving iBlog organizers the permission to upload your entry in its various websites.
- The act of joining the contest is express permission for the iBlog organizers to upload your entry in its various websites and use the video for promotional purposes.
Criteria for judging
- Concept – 30%
- Visual artistry – 20%
- Editing and post production – 20%
- Production value – 20%
- Overall impact – 10%
Our panel of judges, to be led by Atty. JJ Disini, shall be posted on this website not later than March 7 April 9.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No protests or requests for reconsideration will be entertained.
- iBlog organizers reserve the right not to select a winner if, in its opinion, no suitable entries are received.
- iBlog organizers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at its sole discretion. No protests or requests for reconsideration will be entertained.
Winner Announcement and Prize:
- The winner will be announced on April 17 during the iBlog event.
- The winner will receive an iPod 8GB Nano.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for iBlog organizers to publicize and otherwise identify the winner name for publicity purposes.
We will be posting more details to further clarify the information stated here. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.
We hope you can join!